Saturday 13 February 2016

Makeup Revolution Haul and Mini Review


I recently placed an order on the Makeup Revolution website as i wanted to take advantage of their sale. There were a few items i had my eye on and wanted to try for a while. 


I picked up The One Foundation in Shade 3 as i had been looking at swatches online and found that this was the first shade with a yellowish undertone and i had read this is good for counteracting the slight redness around my nose. I am usually the palest foundation in most brands and i have found this is a great match if looking for a foundation with a warm undertone for pale skin.

 This foundation is very runny and at first glance i thought it wouldnt really give any coverage. It blends out lovely and gives a very light coverage to even out the skin tone. I would stop there as i wasnt looking for a full coverage foundation but for testing purposes i did try to build it up and that works great to. I usually apply with my fingers and blend any uneveness with a beauty blender type sponge. I let this dry and applied another coat with either a sponge or a brush. I find pressing the 2nd coat into the skin rather than wiping is the best way as to not disturb the first layer. It builds well, doenst cake up. I also find it doesnt sink into my fine lines and pores and also doesnt make any dryness look worse.


I also picked up a Vivid Blush Laquer in Rush. This is a lovely baby pink colour. It has a little pump and comes out very thick. With this a little goes a long way. I tend to dab a little on my cheeks and blend out with a brush. It blends out lovely and leaves a nice healthy colour on the cheeks. I use this for a more natural, everyday look. It lasts well and i usually set it with a blush or powder for extra staying power.




I also got The One Fluid Blush in Desire which is very much like the foundation. It is extremely runny but so pigmented. Unlike the laquer blush this has some shimmer to it but not big chunks and only leaves a faint glow on my cheeks. This is a darker blush so for me its more for when i want a more noticeable blush. This is also easy to blend and i find blending the edges with a sponge gives a more natural look. It is so nice and because a very tiny amount is needed will last for ages.


I got an Ultra Aqua Brow Tint in Fair. I have dark hair but was looking for something a little more natural so i thought i would give this a try. It is fairly thick but easy to work with. A little goes a long way. It drys fairly quick but not too quick that its difficult to apply or i feel like i have to rush. It dries nice and smooth. I usually set with a darker powder and it makes my brows look really natural but defined. Again a big tube so will last a long time. Also my brows last all day. No fading or smudging. Look just as good when i take my makeup off.


Finally i picked up a couple of the WOW Glosses. I am more of a lip balm/gloss person. If i wear lipsticks its usually long lasting ones as i feel others smudge around or dont last. I love glosses to just throw into my bag for easy application on the go. These are lovely glosses. A bit of a unique shape but i like it. They feel a lot more like a coloured balm than a gloss. They arent sticky and dont slide around my lips. The colour isnt meant to be long lasting but they do ast a while. I usually reapply after eating or drinking. They have a decent amount of pigment and are great for an eery day natural look. I picked a nude brown shade and a pink, they are both lovely on their own but i have alos mixed together and they make a lovely shade.

I love Makeup Revolution Products and i haven not yet tried one i didnt like. I will definitely be repurchasing. I havent touched my other foundations or liquid blushes since i got these thats how much i have been loving them. Just wanted to give them a bit of a shout out. I will link the website below as they always have some good offes going on.

 Disclaimer: I purchased these at full price with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment